Terms & Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
The Well: Global Vocal Improvisation Network reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this agreement, and it is your responsibility to check this agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes to this agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.
The terms ‘The Well: Global Vocal Improvisation Network’, ‘The Well’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website, currently a group of founding members with an emerging website management team. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Our members’ portal is designed as a place of meeting and exchange between the global vocal improvisation community. It is open to all who practice, support or are interested in the art of improvising music with the voice and body. All uploaded events should thus centre vocal improvisation, even though they might also include other art forms and non-improvised or instrumental music making elements. The Well reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove events that do not include an element of vocal improvisation from our global event listing.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the website any material that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial or religious hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party; or which is technically harmful or causes the website to be technically interrupted or rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired. The Well reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove members that engage in posting or transmitting to or from the website the above described material.
- Pages on our website include hyperlinks to relevant content within thewellvocal.com and also to many other external sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. However, The Well is not responsible for the content, functionality or accessibility of external websites. The inclusion of a link to an external website from thewellvocal.com is not an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services). Please let us know if a link is not working by emailing email@example.com.
- Separate terms and conditions may apply to events uploaded to the members’ portal. Please refer to the individual events for details of specific terms and conditions of booking, as these may vary.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Well takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Google Translator Disclaimer
- All pages of The Well’s website can be translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Google requires that The Well provides the following disclaimer relating to these translations.
- Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, expressed or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- For these translations, reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. These translations are provided as a service to users of The Well’s website, and are provided “as is.”
- No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any of these translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
- Any discrepancies or differences created in translating this content from English into another language are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance, enforcement, or any other purpose. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in these translations, please refer to the English version of the website.
Last updated: July 2023